TWO COMPARTMENT DIESEL TANKER
1. The tank will be elliptical in cross-section, manufactured
from 5mm thick mild steel plate with 5mm mild steel plate machine pressed dished ends.
2. The tank will have two compartments separated by 5mm thick mild steel pressed section
3. Adequate internal longitudinal baffles will be fitted in each compartment to combat
transverse surge caused by operation with partly filled components.
4. A double mild steel valance of inverted Vee section of sufficient strength
to support the full length of the tank contents and chassis combined, and also to absorb
impact forces in the event of the vehicle overturning will be continuously welded around
the top of the tank, including both ends, and will be complete with double drain tubes,
front and rear and left and right, running outside of the tank to below chassis level. A
non-slip catwalk will be supplied inside of this valance on the top of the tank.
5. An access ladder to the catwalk will be provided on the near side, at the end of the
tank nearest the cab affixed at the top of the valance and at the bottom to the tank
6. The tank will be mounted on the chassis frame by means of mild steel pedestals welded
to the tank with full width doubling plates, rubber blocks of minimum thickness 50mm and
U bolts around the chassis members, all to dimensions and design of proven
efficiency as optional extras.
7. An approved Fulcrum petrol type oval manhole cover size 422 x 308 model F2200 with
pressure and vacuum venting for normal and emergency breathing will be fitted to each
8. 40mm male dry break adapter for bottom filling to eliminate spillage of fuel will be
fitted under the tank.
9. Mild steel mudguards of robust construction, complete with H.D. Mud flaps will be fitted
over the rear axle wheels.
10. Substantial mild steel bumper will be fitted in the rear. The complete vehicle will be
supplied complete and fitted with all reflectors and chevrons as required by all
Provincial Traffic Ordinance. Reversing lights, supplied by the chassis supplier will be
fitted into or onto the bumper as optional extra.
11. Two 9Kg dry powder chemical fire extinguisher and mounting bracket will be supplied
and fitted on the offside behind the vehicle cab and in close proximity to the emergency
valve release operator handle as an optional extra.
12. Exterior painting of the tank, chassis and all external components will be to
specifications supplied by customer.
13. A Fulcrum emergency valve is fitted in a sump at the bottom of the tank with a
emergency valve bottom operator to close off the bottom of the tanks in an emergency.
14. Meter - a Fluid power meter model 981 50mm which has a 4 digit reset and a 7 digit non
reset totalizer which reads from 5 to 195 l/m. This metre is not assized as the fuel is
not for resale.
15. Hose reel - One only hose reel model 7972/CS large capacity including 9 metres of 20mm
hose ball stop and foot control nozzle.